Regina ~ Triathlons are not only physically and mentally demanding, but also expensive, with equipment and travel costs that few can afford. With our organizational values of access, inclusion, and excellence, Triathlon Saskatchewan collaborates with the wider community to support athletes in their development and desire to compete in the sport.
Triathlon Saskatchewan is pleased to announce that the Campbell and Haliburton Group is the title sponsor of our Athlete Excellence Program in memory of Brent Gibson, a triathlete and a builder of the sport in Saskatchewan.
The Campbell and Haliburton Group Athlete Excellence Program provides valuable assistance to athletes looking to perform at the highest level. This support will enable the following athletes to compete at these upcoming events:
- August 26, 2023: Edmonton, AB — Continental Cup
Alex Kolesov, Henry Bristol, Caley Hilderman, Nataliia Kolesova
- September 2, 2023: Veracruz, Mexico — Continental Championships
- September 9, 2023: Santa Marta, Colombia — Continental Championships
Henry Bristol, Nataliia Kolesova
“With the support of the Campbell and Haliburton Group, Saskatchewan will be more competitive nationally and internationally,” said Head Coach, Brendan MacKenzie.
“For those looking to support the program and dedicate a gift to a loved one, donations can be made to the Triathlon Sport Legacy Fund for a tax-deductible receipt,” added Executive Director, Dr. Yvonne Cafik.
Overview of Program
The Campbell and Haliburton Group Athlete Excellence Program is open to athletes aged 13 to 23 who are new to the sport, as well as those working toward high-performance and excellence goals at the elite level in triathlon.
- Entry Level – Athletes are new to draft-legal triathlon and are striving to compete at a higher provincial level while working to develop in the sport.
- High-Performance Level – Athletes are the top performers in the province and are striving to compete at a higher national level.
- Elite Level – Athletes who are part of the national team, have national carding, or have achieved a top 10 position at national championships. They aim to compete internationally and improve their world ranking
For more information about this release, contact Triathlon Saskatchewan at email@example.com.